1. Eligibility rules
- Curling Québec rules apply for accessibility to the « Masters » category.
- Must be 60 years of age on December 31 of the current year at the beginning of the season of the DMMC league.
- All tournaments of the league are « open » class.
- The use of a delivery stick will be permitted.
- You must confirm your attendance at tournaments at the beginning of the season including required payments.
- A deposit of 4, $220 cheques is required at registration (according to the dates indicated by the Organizing Committee).
2. Tournaments proceedings
- Number of teams per tournament: 20 teams maximum.
- Must have 5 sheets of ice for the Friday games.
- Use of 2 clubs on Friday for 3 tournaments among the 4.
- All teams will play 2 games on Friday without changing club.
- On Saturday and Sunday, the games will take place in the main club.
- The structure of tournaments is explained in the document entitled Tournament Draft.
3. Composition of teams
- At the beginning of the season, you will have to provide the names of your four players and if desired, the name of a fifth player. These five players will form the original team and they can play at any position during the season.
- During the season and if the need arises, an additional player can join the team for a total of six players. This reservist must play the first position.
- A team can only have a maximum of six players at all times.
- A reservist (6th player) can only play for one team during the season as well as for the Tournament of Champions.
- During the season, a team can be modified if necessary (illness, injury), providing you abide by the rule of 2 original team players
- The name of your team will be the name of the captain or the name of the person who registered the team.
- This is the name that will be used for the standings of the tournament of Champions.
- The person who registered the team is responsible for this and maintains a priority on it in case of an eventual dismantling of the team.
4. Teams standing
- In order to accumulate and save points in the standings, you must have paid your registration fees for the tournaments.
- Points for teams are granted according to the official grid that you find in the document entitled Points System.
- To earn points, the composition of your team must have a minimum of 2 players from the original team, that is to say the team registered at your first participation at one of the tournaments. Otherwise, the team will be considered as a new team and will not benefit from points accumulated in previous tournaments. The team will be registered under a new name.
- Accordingly, the composition of the original team is paramount to be able to benefit from the cumulative score of points at the level of the general standings.
5. Distribution of purse money
- For the actual season, the total purse granted each tournament will be up to a maximum of $1,800.
- A total of 8 purses will be awarded to the winners and finalists from each of the sections (A, B, C and D) in each of the tournaments.
- The distribution is explained in the document Distribution of Purses.
6. Tournament of Champions
- At the end of the season, the 4 teams who have acumulated the most points in the overall standings will be qualified for the tournament of Champions.
- The composition of the team must respect the same rules as those used during the regular season. In the absence of one or two players, a team can replace them by following the rules listed in point #3.
- To qualify, a substitute cannot come from a team already eliminated.
- In the absence of three players, the team will be eliminated and it will be replaced by the next eligible team in the general standings.
- This tournament will take place according to the following draw :
|First game (semi-final) (AM)|
|Section A||Section B|
|Team #1 vs Team #4||Team #2 vs Team #3|
|Second game (final) (PM)|
|Grand final||Final consolation|
|Winner A vs Winner B||Loser A vs Loser B|
- Purses will be distributed to the 4 teams that will participate in the tournament of Champions according to the document entitled Distribution of Purses.
- The winning team of the grand final will be declared champions of the DMMC league.